Transforming our energy and transport future through world-leading research
Welcome to the new EPSRC Centre for Power Electronics’ website, showcasing research activities from our Centre Partner Universities across the UK.
The Centre provides a forum for the UK Power Electronics, Machines and Drives (PEMD) community to share research findings, facilitate knowledge transfer, industrial collaboration and train the next generation of engineers.
Consisting of a network of 12 core university partners, EPSRC has made a direct investment of £23 million over a seven-year time frame.
The Centre’s work has included the following elements:
- Underpinning power electronics research
- Project funding
- Support networks for postgraduates and researchers
- Building the power electronics community in the UK
- Strengthening international links and collaborations
- Knowledge exchange
- Policy influence
- Public engagement activities
Please get in touch if you have research news, events, or funding opportunities that could benefit the PEMD community.
Get involved - CDT