Researcher Exchange Scheme
Funding is available for researchers who want to take an overseas secondment to initiate a collaborative project with an external research organisation and for external researchers who wish to initiate a collaborative project with a UK University, affiliated to the EPSRC Centre for Power Electronics.
The scheme provides the travel and subsistence costs of the exchange and a contribution towards research costs, with the funding being capped at a maximum of £6,000. The salary/stipend costs will need to be met by the applicant’s current university.
The applicant must:
- Be a researcher with a UK University affiliated to the EPSRC Centre for Power Electronics or be a researcher at a leading international research organisation pursuing research into the topics covered by the EPSRC Centre for Power Electronics.
- Hold a funded research post or be registered for a PhD degree. There should be sufficient duration remaining to cover the research exchange and a period after to disseminate the outcomes.
- Be at a stage in their career when they would particularly benefit from establishing or strengthening links with the host research organisation, as a foundation for long-term collaboration and development.
The research topic of the secondment must:
- Be related to the activities of the EPSRC Centre for Power Electronics.
- Complement and enhance the research being undertaken by the applicant.
- Be aimed towards a joint author academic publication with the host organisation. Other research outputs would be possible if justified in the application.
A condition of the award is that the outcomes of the secondment will be disseminated to the UK Power Electronics community.
Value and Tenure
The scheme provides the applicant’s travel and accommodation costs and a contribution to research costs. The employing organisation continues to pay the applicant’s salary/stipend. Awards can be for any period to cover up to 3 months full-time secondment. The award can be taken over a longer period in the case of multiple visits, such as two shorter secondments with a period in between. However the aim is for the applicant to spend a substantive period working at the host international institute.
Applications will be assessed by the Centre’s Executive Group which meets quarterly, in the months of February, May, August and November. Whilst there are no set closing dates for this call, fully completed applications should be submitted sufficiently in advance, to be considered at the following Executive Meeting. It is expected that applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application within a month after the Executive Meeting, at which their application was considered.
Researcher Exchange Scheme Application Form
Please forward all completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org